Other thoughts from the game:
- Alfie scored his 1st of the year, only 3 points away from 1000
- Elliott didn't play awful, but he didn't play well. In other words he played like Elliott
- We played a bit better in the 3rd
- Clouston benched Lee for a large period of the game. Wow way to bench a key contributing player
- Gonchar's return to Pittsburgh was less than stellar
- Karlsson continues to look lost
- We took ANOTHER too many men penalty. That's THREE in 6 games, and that's after like 20 last year. This is unacceptable and someone needs to be held accountable for it.
- Lehner didn't let any in, therefore maintining his top spot on the NHL leader board I mentioned a few posts ago.
Honestly, the whole team looked lost. I can't even really blame any one player, as the entire squad played with no heart or urgency. I can only imagine how mad triple C must be. This is a poor, poor start to the year and I don't have much positive to say at the moment. I will leave the comments to you guys.
Though no one really deserved it, with his one goal and 997th career point, Daniel Alfredsson wins the night.
Thoughts on the game tonight and the start to the season?