It was really nice to see a consistent effort again. The Ruutu-Kelly-Neil line was a force all night again, as they have been all year, easily our best line in my opinion so far. Brian Elliott should have had the first goal of the night, but the other 2 weren't his fault. Other than the mistake on the first goal, Elliott played well and made the saves when he had to. Solid game for Brian for once.
Other thoughts from the game:
- I do not know what is wrong with Chris Phillips, but he needs to turn it around and fast. He has been awful this year and had multiple giveaways tonight, including one to Chris Higgins, which lead to the Panthers 2nd goal.
- Kovalev scored a easy tap in again, making his last 2 goals a combined 6 inches from the net.
- Foligno was fiesty all night.
- Regin is looking a bit better.
- Kelly had a nice little game, especially on the pass for the shorty to Michalek, what a finish by MM9 by the way.
- I enjoyed the Michalek-Fisher-Alfie line tonight, perhaps they should leave it like that when Spezza returns and make it Regin-Spezza-Kovalev. Then we might have 2 decent lines.
- Nice heavyweight tilt with Carkner tonight, he gets the decision.
- Almost 17,000 out to see the game tonight, solid for FLA.
- I'm so tired of the music at SBP. Is there a rule that they can't play music from any earlier than 15 years or soemthing? It's so outdated.
- Great to see Zack Smith rewarded with a goal, even if it was a lucky one.
So with the win tonight, my predicting record is an even 5-5 through 10. Good to see the boys get it together for back to back wins, and even more importantly, starting to show a better effort. Day off tomorrow and then Boston Saturday in a divisional tilt. On to the next one.....
With 1 goal and 1 assist, as well as a +3 on the evening, Milan Michalek wins the night.