The night of course belonged to Alfie, who scored a hat trick and scored his 1000th career point, making him the 75th played in the NHL history to do so. It seems fitting that it happened against Buffalo didn't it? What a legend.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Ruutu got a dive for being drilled from behind. What a joke.
- Lee played less than 2 minutes at forward tonight, ouch.
- Kovalev had his best game of the season so far.
- Elliott was awful on the 2 goals, but had a solid 3rd period.
- Karlsson continues to struggle.
- Winchester was drilled by Kaleta, who else.
- The powerplay looked a lot better tonight.
Obviously the big news tonight is Alfie and his 1000th point and righfully so. The team as a whole played so much better tonight. If we can win tomorrow against Montreal, we'd be right back into the thick of things. Enjoy the win tonight, back to work tomorrow. Everyone have a drink for Alfie tonight.
With a hat trick and his 1000th point, Daniel Alfredsson Wins The Night.