So the question is what should we do to rectify things before they get out of hand? Here are some possible solutions/things to try, and why not, what we're doing right now isn't working, so what do we have to lose right?
Here are some ideas to right the ship so to speak:
- Give Lehner a start. So far he's perfect, and while goaltending hasn't been the major problem, it hasn't been our strongest spot either.
- Put Zack Smith back in. I'm a fan of him and he will always at least play hard and does have the tools to be a solid player.
- Sit someone meaningful, not Brian Lee like he did last night. Kovalev has 2 points and is a -18 in his last 20 games. I think that deserves a spot on the bench for a few days doesn't it?
- Move Gonchar back to the right side where he belongs. You don't bring in a future HoFer who excels at something and then make him do something else, it just doesn't make sense.
- Be more disciplined, we're beating ourselves. Be more strict about stupid penalties. If you take one, pay the consequences of your actions.
- I'm tired of Fisher never recieving any criticism. He makes 4.2 million, so earn it blue eyes. He is not above some conflict from our fan base and I'm tired of everyone giving him a complete pass.
- Let whoever is playing well play. The Ruutu-Kelly-Neil line has been our best this year, so screw it, give them more ice time until the others prove they deserve more. Playing people based on reputation leads you to the basement, where we are now.
- If this horrible play continues, how long does it go on before someone pays the price, like Clouston or Murray with their job?
- Perhaps call someone up from Bingo who is hungry and will play hard and with desire, who actually is excited to be in the NHL.
These are just a few ideas off the top off my head to shake things up. What do you guys think should be done to try and get us back on track? Let's hear em.