Other thoughts from the game:
- What can you say about the frustrating one they call L'Artiste, but when he brings it he brings it. He was all over the ice the whole game casuing havoc. That is what I envisioned when we signed him. He has put together 4 or 5 solid games in a row now, good to see. With the 2 points tonight, he is only 3 points away from 1000.
- Karlsson looks to be back full of confidence after a shaky start to the year, which is awesome and bad, depending how you look at it.
- Brian Elliott played fairly well, though that 2nd Gionta goal was very soft, he needs to make that save on that angle. It's a routine NHL save.
- I loved hearing the Habs fans boo their team, can't get enough of it.
- 2nd quiet game in a row for the captain.
- Fisher was invisble again, though I'm pretty sure he's hurt.
- Regin is starting to look good finally, while Foligno sure tries hard but just doesn't have the skill level required.
- The Ruutu-Kelly-Neil line was a force again tonight, though they should have had a few goals, if anyone of them could finish.
- Anyone else get tired of hearing the commentators going on and on about the Habs PHD line? You would have thought they were 3 HOFers playing together. It got a bit tiresome, especially considering our 3 line outplayed them most of the night.
- Nice 2nd effort by Zack Smith to get the 2nd goal. He's a favorite of mine.
Just a reminder to everyone that if you want to be considered to win either pair of the 2 I have to give away to the Thrashers game on Tuesday, your entry needs to be in by 8pm tomorrow. Once again, email me why a pair should be yours at email@example.com and a pair might be yours. I've already had a ton of entries, will be hard to decide. Best of Luck to everyone.
So the Habs had no business being in this game, but once again we sat back on a lead and it nearly cost us. I think Triple C needs to tell them to be aggressive, or we tend to cough up leads. In the end, it was a promising road win, and the team played really well. It appears that the team is finally settling down and playing properly. We will be even better once Kuba and Michalek return later this week as well. So all of your people on the ledge can come back inside, it's a long season.
With 2 goals, including the winner, as well as just playing a nice game in all aspects, Alexei Kovalev wins the night.
Thoughts on the game tonight?