Thoughts from the game:
- Good to see Seregi Gonchar get his first goal as a Senator, it was the best game he's played for us so far.
- Brian Elliott played well, gotta give him props.
- The whole defense corps played pretty well too, but almost blew it.
- I know there was no view of the puck in the net but it was in.
- Regin and Foligno need to score.
- Spezza needs to be yelled at, he can't take that lazy ass cross checking penalty.
- The refs also need a scolding. The delay of game call that shouldn't have been was horrendous, especially after they huddled about it. Nearly cost us the game.
- I have no clue why Carkner and Hale were on the ice with 45 seconds left but that is a coaching failure.
- Phillips played a bit better tonight, which was good to see.
- Gutsy of #11 to play.
All in all, it wasn't the best performance, but at the end of the day, we won and that's what we needed big time. Now if we can parlay this into a win against NYI on Thursday, things might be looking up for the Sens. It wasn't pretty, but results are all that matter, and we got the result tonight.
With the game winning goal and one assist, Erik Karlsson wins the night.
Thoughts on the game tonight?