The tried their best I suppose but their best is far from good enough, giving up 2 crappy goals in the 3rd to lose 2-1 to Tampa. I have to admit they're getting tough to watch. They seem to have the skill of an AHL team, at best, and when I say that, I mean no disrespect to any AHL team who may be reading this.
This game was not memorable in any way, shape or form, and that's the problem. it's just another so so game in the middle of a long season, which isn't giving Sens fans much hope. With each loss, our slim playoff chances get a little farther away. The team as a whole is getting very frustrating to watch.
Other thoughts from tonights game:
- Im'm kind of surprised by the attendance of 19,968.
- Mike Fisher left the game with an injury. I know it can't be serious, because that would make me too happy.
- Next up is Kuba hopefully.
- I know the coach was trying to reward them for their hard work tonight and all, but you don't put all 3 of Neil, Shannon, and Winchester on the PP when trying to tie up a game. Then again, anytime you can have 7 combined goals from 3 players on the ice at one time, you have to do it don't ya?
- Downie is one of the cheapest players in the league, and proved it again tonight.
- Has anyone checked Kovalev's pulse to make sure he's actually still alive?
- How did Michalek miss that empty net? Should have known better to expect back to back games with goals. My bad.
- I thought Phillips had opne of his best games of the year, which isn't saying much.
- Good to see Zack Smith score.
- Elliott was decent, but not great, though he was horribly out of position on the first goal.
- Did we even force Roloson to make one tough save? I can't remember one.
With the only goal of the game for the Sens, Zack Smith wins the night.