The Sens looked good for the win, but they coughed up a 2-0 lead late in the third, before ultimately getting the W in a shootout via Jason Spezza's hot stick. This was the Sens first win in Raleigh in 4 years, a place we typically play very poorly in, so it was nice to see a total team effort tonight in the 3-2 shootout win. It was Ottawa's first road win of the year and our 3rd win in a row total, bringing our season record to a very respectable 4-5.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Anderson was pretty solid, except when he didn't play the puck on the first goal, but came through in the shootout.
- Speaking of that first goal, what the hell were Cowen and Gonchar thinking by not playing the puck there?
- Speaking of Gonchar, he looked better again tonight and had 2 assists and has 4 points in last 2 games.
- I thought Kaspars Daugavins had a very nice game tonight. I wouldn't mind him staying a few more to see what he can do.
- Da Costa was invisible, again. I'm not sure why he seems above being sent down to Bingo.
- Speaking of being sent to Bingo, tonight was Mika's 9th game so the team has a decision to make. Stay in Ottawa or back to Sweden. I say he stays here. He had a couple of excellent defensive plays tonight.
- A very nice shot and goal by 4th line guy Zenon Konopka tonight. Won some key faceoffs too.
- I thought Rundblad has begun to be a lot better. Perhaps signs he will live up to his potential this season still.
- Speaking of Rundblad, what a horrible call by the refs against him with just 2:37 left. Truly brutal.
- Jason Spezza is on fire!
- I continue to be impressed by Colin Greening's power forward potential. Condra, not so much.
- EK65 was very quiet for him tonight.
- Only a little over 12k in Raleigh tonight.
Tweet of the night:
Really Allen? If getting paid to travel and watch hockey is too boring or hard for you, why don't you quit.
Picture of the night:
The Sens celebrate the shootout win in Carolina, their 3rd in a row.
With the Sens' 2nd goal of the game and the shootout winner, Jason Spezza wins the night.
Post game thoughts?