The Senators came from behind multiple times tonight for the very gutsy 6-4 road win in Winninpeg, making their first trip there in 15 years a successful one and bring their record to 2-0 against the Jets this season. The game wasn't all positive however, as Filip Kuba left the game with an upper body injury after a hit and Nikita Filatov left the game after taking a skate to the face, which luckily only resulted in a broken nose.
Craig Anderson made some decent saves early on to keep us in the game, but all 4 Jet goals were quite stoppable and he definitely didn't have one of his best efforts, but he got the W and that's what matters. Milan Michalek inched closer to the NHL goal lead, notching a pair tonight to bring his total to 14 on the year, just 2 behind Kessel.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Condra has 2 points tonight and looked good on the PK.
- I thought Phillips had a nice game tonight.
- What a pass to Spezza from Karlsson on the Sens 4th goal.
- Spezza now has 3 goals in his last 2 games after his scoring slump.
- Michalek's first goal was a beautiful individual effort.
- The fans in Winnipeg seemed pretty passionate.
- Was it just me or where they booing Alfie at points?
- We still took too many bad penalties.
- Awesome to know this teams never gives up.
- We were outshot 43-34 and still got the W. Lucky!
- We now have a mini 2 game win streak going.
Actor Will Arnett was at the MTS Centre to take in the game but to me he will always be GOB.
With 2 goals tonight, including the game winner and an all around great game, Zack Smith wins the night.
Thoughts on the win?