Was there any doubt that Daniel Alfredsson would score his 400th career goal in style? The Sens got down 3-0 in the first period and Alex Auld was awful yet again, before the Sens snapped back to life and Craig Anderson held down the fort for a 4-3 comeback overtime win off the stick of the one and only Alfie.
Other thoughts from the game:
- What a goal by Karlsson to tie the game and awesome to see him so excited for Alfie's 400th.
- I thought Brian Lee had a very solid game for him.
- Alex Auld was bad again.
- While he still hasn't scored, I thought Turris had another decent game.
- Zack Smith scored on a very nice shot. He's one of my faves on the team.
- Cowen had another quiet but very solid game. Very underrated attention wise for rookies in my opinion.
- Foligno had another hard working game. You've go to be impressed with his effort all the time.
- Good to see Condra was ok after that potentially dangerous hit.
- I thought the reffing was off tonight as well.
- Great comeback and awesome to see them compete when they easily could have shut it down after being down 3-0 after 1 with a game coming up tomorrow. Team has a lot of heart.
For a recap from The Citizen's James Gordon click here.
Daniel Alfredsson posing with the puck he scored number 400 with after the game via Stuntman Stu's twitter.