The Sens gave up to goals in less than 3 minutes with only 6 minutes to play, to go from up one to down one, ultimately succumbing to the Dallas Stars 3-2, after nearly evening the score in the last second on an Alfredsson rebound shot. It was not out night however and the mini win streak has come to an end. On to Washington for Saturday's game.
Other thoughts from the game:
- the announced attendance was just over 10,000 but no way there was more than 5000.
- Nikita Filatov had a lot of jump in his game tonight. I thought he gave a good effort.
- All 3 of the Dallas goals were as a result of sloppy/lazy defensive play. We need to stop those mistakes.
- Sens only had 1 powerplay tonight. That's a bit light.
- Alfie was fairly invisible again tonight. I love him but his age is showing more and more.
- Craig Anderson was ok. Not great, not bad, just ok.
- Lee and Rundblad both played under 12 mins.
- Konopka, Winchester and Butler allplayed under 10 mins. Make of that what you will.
- Jared Cowen looked solid and had an assist and was a plus 2 tonight.
- I thought Spezza was trying to force his game a bit tonight.
- The Condra-Smith-Daugavins was very quiet tonight. Unusual for them.
With a beautiful goal tonight and a plus 2 rating, Milan Michalek wins the night for the Senators. With the goal he is now tied for 2nd in the league for goals with Steven Stamkos, just one back of Phil Kessel.