The Ottawa Senators have acquired forward Rob Klinkhammer this afternoon from the Chicago Blackhawks organization for a conditional draft pick in 2013. It is a depth move for the Binghamton Senators. It appears at the moment that the draft pick depends on if Klinkhammer plays any games in the NHL and if not it appears that they owe Chicago zero compensation according to Joy Lindsay.
Other tidbits on Klinkhammer:
- He was undrafted
- He will wear #14 for the B-Sens
- He will join the B-Sens tomorrow in Worcester
- His career high is 46 points in 76 games in the AHL
- He has played in 306 career AHL games, with 133 career points
- He has 180 career penalty minutes
- He made his pro debut against the Binghamton Senators in 2007.