Wow! I barely even know what to say after that one. The Sens got off to a quick start, scoring in the first minute and had leads of 1-0 and 2-1 before falling behind 4-2 to the Flyers heading into 3rd. But true to form this season, the league's highest scoring 3rd period delivered again, potting 4 in the final frame to take it 6-4 in front of their 14th sellout of the season at SBP, sending everyone home happy.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Scoring was spread out tonight with 6 different scorers.
- Karlsson was a +5 tonight.
- Anderson let in some questionable goals but also made some very big saves.
- I thought Phillips struggled. Again.
- Kuba had one of his better games, scoring the GWG and making a fine defensive play on Giroux with the man advantage late in the game.
- What a hit by Neil to separate the Flyers player from the puck and pass it to Foligno to get the empty netter.
- Some sketchy reffing yet again. Seems to happening more and more.
- Cowen was solid again. A real darkhorse candidate for rookie of the year.
While Erik Karlsson was a plus 5 tonight, which is remarkable, Kuba wins the afternoon with the game winning goal.. Which is rare.