The Sens lead from start to finish, beating up the Penguins 5-1 for their first ever victory in the Consol Energy Center. The game was a total domination, as the Sens chased Brent Johnson from the net for the 2nd straight game. Jason Spezza scored a ridiculously awesome goal, while Michalek chipped in with 2. Bobby Butler and Chris Neil added the others, while Anderson was solid in what little work he had tonight. The only blemish was the late scratch of Erik Karlsson. Let's hope the injury isn't too bad.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Greening was a beast, racking up 3 assists
- With the 2 goals, Michalek is now tied for 4th in the NHL with Toews.
- Turris had another good game.
- Foligno had a great rush tonight.
- Penguins looked awful.
- Loved Gonchar being boo'd. A little late Pens fans.
- Phillips struggled a bit again for me.
- Kuba played pretty well yet again. Credit where credit is due.
- The Sens remain the only NHL team not involved in a shutout game this season.
- 2 game win streak.
With 2 goals tonight, Milan Michalek wins the night.