The Sens got down 2-0 early in the battle of Ontario tonight, before displaying the resilience and comeback ability they've shown all year to score 3 unanswered and beat the Leafs in their own building in front of a shocked Leafs crowd. Kyle Turris scored the game winner in his first battle of Ontario, but the unquestionable star of the game was the Sens Craig Anderson, who made 37 stops in the important win. With the W the Sens are now 9 points clear of the Leafs, who are surprise surprise, out of a playoff spot at the moment.
Here's your game winner via Turris:
What a beauty of a shot. We've heard all about his quick release and there it is. Although to be fair, Reimer needs to make that save. Congrats on the GWG Kyle.
Other thoughts from the game:
- tough pinch by Cowen on that 2nd TML goal. He'll learn.
- I thought Phillips was kind of sloppy tonight again.
- I still don't really see why that Foligno hit on Phaneuf was a penalty. He hit his thigh.
- The Sens were outfot almost 2-1 tonight. Not good.
- Zack Smith was really off tonight. Definitely not himself. He could have had several points.
- Alfie's goal with 7.5 seconds left in the 1st was a game changer.
- Anderson was unbelievable.
- I thought Kuba was solid tonight.
- Neil was quiet tonight.
- Lucky break that Spezza's stick tipped that 2nd goal in.
- That's what great about this team, even when they're out played they still can win.
With 37 saves and the win, Craig Anderson wins the night.
Thoughts on the game?