The Senators had a nice win streak heading into the game but mailed this one, basically failing to show up until the final minutes of the game, but of course it was too late by then, losing 2-0 to the Jets and being shut out for the first time this season. Every team has a stinker every now and then, so let's hope this was ours and we bring it in Toronto tomorrow night. On to the next one.
Other thoughts from the game:
- the no call on the Kane hit to the head of Karlsson was ridiculous.
- On the other hand, good to see the team stand up for him afterwards.
- Anderson was decent but not great. The L wasn't his fault though at all.
- Gonchar looked sloppy all night.
- The finished scoreboard was up for the first time, looks impressive. Post coming.
- Turris was pretty invisible tonight for the first time as a Sen.
- Alfie didn't have a great game but definitely showed some passion.
- The anthem singer was AWFUL. Turned out it was Konopka's sister.
- No one won the night. Horrile team performance. Let's forget about it.