The Sens played a Florida team for the 2nd straight night and for the 2nd straight game the Sens completely dominated the contest, this time winning 6-2 in Sunrise. It was a game many of you may not have seen since it's the only game of the year not on television, but some of us found ways to watch it and the team looked great. I'm not sure if the Sens have just snapped out of their funk or it's simply a case of the 2 Florida teams not being very good, or both, but a win is a win at this point and that's now 2 in a row and a big 4 points.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Good to see Jim O'Brien or JOB as I call him get his first NHL goal tonight. He's worked hard lately and nice to see him rewarded
- Jason Spezza: what more can you say about him. He had another 3 points tonight, which is 7 in his past 2. That makes it 63 on the year, good enough for 2nd in NHL scoring and 6 behind the leader Evgeni Malkin.
- Anderson played well against one of his former clubs I thought. 2nd good game in a row.
- Awesome to see Kuba chip in with a goal. Keep raising that potential trade value Filip.
- Bobby Butler continued his hot streak with a goal as well.
- Even Latvian Kaspars Daugavins chipped in with a goal. When the 3rd and 4th line guys chip in with points in makes us hard to beat.
- For those of you that saw the game what a horrible feed and worse attendance. So much for hockey being back in Florida.
- Alfie scored his 20th of the year tonight as well.
Here's a tilt between Zack Smith and Stittsville native Matt Bradley. Decision to Smith.