The Senators dominated yet again, getting their 4th win in a row, beating the Ovechkinless Caps 5-2 tonight in a game that wasn't nearly as close as the final score might appear. The Sens got up 4-0 after goals by Karlsson, Phillips (again) and a pair from Michalek. One of them was highlight reel caliber. The Caps scored a decent PP goal and had a lucky one bounce in off a players face and into the net. Anderson played very well, making many key saves. Sure the Caps, Lightning, Isles and Panthers aren't elite teams but still nice to dominate 4 games in a row and collect the important 8 points.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Another 3 points from Karlsson tonight. He took the franchise lead in most assists by a dman tonight with his 47th of the season. The kid is niiiiiiiiiiiiice.
- God the Caps are bad. Like pathetically horribly bad.
- Foligno's empty netter to seal the W was his 4th this season. Good for a share of 1st place in the NHL.
- Phillips remarkably scored again, his 4th in 6 games after going 75 without one.
- Filip Kuba lead the Sens playing over 25mins tonight in another solid game.
- Anderson made a few really nice saves tonight. The 2 goals make it seem like he didn't play that well but he did. Stats can lie sometimes.
- Michalek's twirl after his first goal was for a buddy back home we found out post game.
- Another game goes by with no goal from Turris. It's starting to drag on.
- Only 1 point for Spezza tonight. Guess he is human after all.
- Karlsson know leads 2nd place Brian Campbell by TWENTY points in dman scoring. Insane!
- I thought Gonchar had another solid game too.
- Starting to look like Konopka and Carkner will never see the ice again.
- Cowen had 5 hits tonight and shows why he's a physical force out there for us.
With 3 more points and a +1, Erik Karlsson wins the night. Honorable mention to Michalek with the 2 goals.