The Sens took the lead just over a minute in and never looked back, winning the game 4-0 in front of their fathers in Tampa. The game was never really in doubt, as the Sens dominated every aspect from start to finish. Craig Anderson had a very unorthodox first period but kept the puck out, stopping all 28 shots he faced in the game. Erik Karlsson had the opening goal, while Spezza added the other 3 for the hatty and had himself a 4 point night that put him back into the top 5 in league scoring once again. On to Sunshine to do it all again tomorrow night. Happy Valentine's Night.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Good to see a lot of Sens fan at the game in Tampa
- Kyle Turris still isn't scoring but I'm still liking his game
- Turris could have scored on his penalty shot. Garon went down but he couldn't convert the backhand.
- Anderson was unconventional to say the least but he made some important stops. Shoutout on the shutout.
- The Senators are now 6-0 all time on Valentine's Day.
- Spezza has now scored in his last 5 games in Tampa. They sure were trying hard to get him the puck for that empty netter weren't they?
- Awesome to see Karlsson getting chippy with St Louis. Love that he won't back down.
- I thought the big 3 of Stamkos, St Louis and Lecavalier were pretty invisible tonight.
- Bobby Butler sure is benefiting from the extra ice time designed to showcase him for a trade. He had a solid game tonight and skated well. He had 2 points as well.
- Loved seeing Brian Lee of all people with the big hit tonight.
- I thought Foligno had a solid game as well. He needs to start scoring though.
- Has anyone seen Colin Greening? Last seen at All Star weekend.