The Sens sure looked good tonight, getting a gutsy 4-1 win over the East's best team the New York Rangers. Though the Blueshirts were minus a King in goal, the Sens played a solid game tonight and deserved the win, despite being outshot 17-7 after 2. It sure was nice seeing guys like Turris, Foligno and Zack Smith chip in with some goals for once. If our 3rd and 4th lines contribute we're hard to beat. Now on to a big game on Saturday against the much improved and streaking Buffalo Sabres at SBP.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Funny to see Gonchar try and almost sorta but not really fight Del Zotto. All I know is Gonchar isn't Russian for tough guy.
- I thought Klinkhammer had another solid all around game. Very impressed with his effort and skill set so far.
- Foligno was all over the place and had a solid game, chipping in with a hard working goal.
- Excellent to see Zack Smith pot one. He needed it bad and if we can get him going it's a huge lift.
- I thought Bishop was solid again tonight. Not spectacular but didn't have to be. He's now 2-0.
- Turris had a nice game too and gave a solid effort
- Thought Cowen had one of his better games
- Phillips was a trooper playing with a broken nose. Played very well
- Insane that we managed to be up 2-1 after 2 with only 7 shots against such a quality team in NYR.
- Daugavins continues to struggle, Condra too.
- J.O.B. didn't look as if he has healed from the upper body injury that left him out of the Tampa game.
- With 25 saves Ben Bishop wins the night