The Sens took the ice in Winnipeg needing 2 points and that's what they got. While the 6-4 win wasn't pretty, it made up for it in the excitement department, with the teams trading goals at a furious clip. The reffing was once again questionable on several occasions and the Jets goals were all iffy, but the Sens refused to go away and came back time after time, securing the much needed W in the end. What a great way to start out the roadie.
Other thoughts from the game:
- Nice to see Daugavins score again, his first goal in 10 games.
- What more can you say about Alfie. 2 more goals tonight, ridiculous.
- Spezza's assist and dangle on the Turris goal was highlight of the night material. Amazing. He now has 81 points on the season.
- Anderson made 44 saves and played really well, yet all the goals were more than stoppable. Weird game.
- Sergei Gonchar had a stinker of a game tonight.
- I thought Zack Smith had one of his best games in awhile.
- The Foligno-Turris-Alfie line was killing it tonight. They've found some good chemistry over past 2 games.
- Awesome hardworking goal by Neil to end the first period.
- Filip Kuba was a +3 tonight and is now a +29 on the season. Amazing turnaround.
- Skecthy reffing again and O'rourke was one of the refs. How is this still happening?
- Karlsson was an incredible +5 with 3 points tonight. I'm coming around to giving him the Norris.
- Klinkhammer only played 5:16 tonight and continues to not put up any offensive numbers. He may be sitting in the near future once Winchester comes back.
- Where the hell did 14 goals in 2 games come from?