The Sens played their last regular season home game at SBP but things didn't exactly go as planned. The Bruins were resting Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron and Sens killer Tim Thomas, but the Sens still fell 3-1 in their 2nd straight poor performance since clinching the playoff spot. Ottawa did carry the play early on but just didn't have it tonight. Let's hope they get it together and fast with the playoffs coming up.
Other thoughts from the game:
- The Sens wore their 20th anniversary patch tonight for the first time in place of the usual all star game patch. I was wondering why they hadn't worn them all year.
- Paul MacLean was ejected in the final minute of the game after MacLean had enough of the poor officiating. It seems to be a pattern the whole year for some reason.
- Karlsson missed a sure fire goal when he blew the wide open net. He Condra'd.
- Even worse the B's made it 3-1 right after.
- Bishop looked rusty. Especially on that 2nd goal, it was bad.
- Spezza was the lone goal scorer tonight. He tied a career high in goals in a season with the tally.
- While it's still likely to play the Bruins, playing the Rangers remains a real possibility as well now thanks to tonight's regulation loss. It depends on the Washington/NYR game this weekend. I'd prefer the Rangers personally.